Registration is now open for VANGUARD’s Online Workshop on the topic of Ethics in regenerative medicine. The event will take place on Thursday the 3rd of February 2022 and start at 16:00 CET.
A panel of experts will discuss ethical challenges that arise with the arrival of bio-engineered organs:
- How can first-in-human clinical trials be conducted in a safe and responsible manner?
- What are ethical points to consider for early clinical trials of regenerative medicine in transplantation?
You will have the chance to hear from the key opinion leader in the area of ethics in biomedicine, Professor Jonathan Kimmelman from McGill University.
The workshop will also include insights from the three ongoing projects on regenerative medicine:
- BRAVE – Biomechanics and regenerative medicine for a one-shot treatment
- OrganTrans – Controlled Organoids transplantation as enabler for regenerative medicine translation
- VANGUARD – Bioartificial Pancreas to Cure Type 1 Diabetes
To conclude the meeting, a panel discussion moderated by Dr. Emma Massey (Erasmus Medical Centre) will bring together Prof. Kimmelman, Dr. Antonia Cronin (King’s College London), and Dr. Ekaterine Berishvili (University of Geneva) to further discuss ethical aspects in regenerative medicine.
Please note that registration in advance is required.